RANGER, RL-8500XLT, Heavy- Duty Combination Disc/ Drum Brake Lathe w/ Bench & Std Tooling/ Super- Duty** FREE SHIPPING **
- RL-8500XLT (5150080)
FREE SHIPPING within the Continental United States
The new Heavy-Duty RL-8500XLT Combination Brake Lathe from Ranger features an extended capacity spindle and can turn a drum that’s up to 10-inches deep. The longer spindle and the relocated rear bushing provide the RL-8500XLT arbor with enough support to handle your heaviest drums, rotors, and flywheels.
The durably crafted RL-8500XLT brake lathe resurfaces brakes quicker and more precisely than any other lathing unit on the market today. Like the RL-8500, the RL-8500XLT features unlimited feed rate settings, allowing the user to modify resurfacing rates with an easy turn of the dial. Now you can decrease or amplify the cut duration for the perfect finish regardless of if you’re rushing through the first rough cut or performing a single-pass micro-finish. The RL-8500XLT brake lathe is the total package and comes with a strong bench plus ample tool storage backboards, so all your adapters are always nearby.
The extended-edition RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe by Ranger simply offers the best features, best performance, best utility and best productivity possible in a brake lathing unit. If you’re seeking to expand and improve your service capabilities, the RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe is one of the strongest investments you can make.
The RL-8500XLT Heavy-Duty Combination Brake Lathe by Ranger represents the future of brake lathe technology while simultaneously maintaining the classic design auto pros and technicians are most familiar with. By implementing DC servo motor controls for the cross feed and spindle feed drives, we’ve removed any need for cumbersome mechanical gear boxes and transmissions used in older brake lathes. Effectively, the RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe drastically decreases lifetime repair and maintenance cost when compared to other lathing units.
One of the common problems that plague other brake lathes is the vibration and chatter transfer that directly affects the tool-tip and leaves an imperfect cut on the machined surface. The RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe by Ranger is specifically designed to address this issue by eliminating the need for gear-driven mechanical drives and variable-speed transmission devices.
How stable is a Ranger brake lathe? See for yourself - Click Here
Ranger brake lathes replaced antiquated transmission / gears found on other brands. You would be surprised if you stood back and watched a brake lathe machine a finish cut on a rotor or drum or flywheel. Brake rotors are very smooth or shouldbe. If you were to turn a rotor on any lathe then drop a hammer on the floor next to the lathe, you would see a noticeable degradation of the cut at the moment of impact. Vibration causes frequencies which gets transferred to the finish cut. Because our lathe does not use gears and transmissions, we completely eliminate multiple frequencies that could degrade the machining finish. The formation of surface roughness is usually the result of the tool feed rate, spindle rotational speed, tool geometry, the material properties, and relative tool-work vibration. Vibrations cause a significant variation of the frequency on the surface of the machined part.
Since its introduction nearly four decades ago, the design of our RL-8500 series brake lathes has been a favorite of brake service professionals everywhere. It's simple, it's fast, it's very precise and it runs forever. Features include our twin-cutter tool head with micrometer dials and quick drum-to-rotor changeover, adjustable speed settings allow you for quicker rough cuts or slower smooth cuts and an infinitely adjustable spindle-feed gear box with a variety of speed settings. Plus, our negative rake tooling yields one pass finish cuts every time, and the standard 1" arbor provides you a multitude of tooling and adapter choices from either Ranger or other aftermarket suppliers. Finish-cuts by the RL-8500 and the RL-8500XLT will meet or exceed factory specs.
The absence of gear-driven mechanical drives and variable-speed transmission devices reduces service and repair costs dramatically over the unit's lifetime.
|Dual servo motors
The revolutionary RL8500 brake lathe uses independent DC servo motors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions typically found on mechanically-driven brake lathes.
|Heavy-duty bench included
Other manufacturers might try to make you pay extra for a sturdy bench, but Ranger throws it in as a standard accessory. Plenty of storage on the backboard to keep your tooling close at hand, a durable multi-compartment toolbox for adapters and a large chip “catch” funnel plus chip bin to keep your workspace both clean and safe--all this comes included in your RL-8500XLT purchase.
|A complete brake lathe tooling package comes standard
Micro-dial twin tool cutter, boring bar, inside floating adapters, self-aligning spacer, outside floating adapter, centering cones, spacers, double-taper adapters, hubless adapters, carbide cutting tools, 6-sided carbide cutting inserts, 1" arbor, arbor nut, back load spring, spare bulb for lamp, illustrated instruction manual, wrenches, high-impact anti-vibration bands, storage case and more all come standard with the RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe from Ranger.
|Simple and secure
Our sensible ergonomic design allows you to work quickly and efficiently. Simple up-front controls are designed for minimal operator movement. Large bench with tool storage boards provide ample space for adapters and accessories.
Adjustable work lamps
Keeps your work area properly lighted, even in the darkest corners of your shop. Separate switch lets you turn on or off at your convenience. Clear Plexiglas safety shield protects the user without obstructing the view.
|Catch the chips
Included chip catch funnels debris into a large chip bin, ensuring easy disposal and a tidy work area.
|Optional extended RL-8500XLT truck adapter set
Our super-duty adapter package consists of an upgraded 1-7/8" arbor and a wide variety of adapters. This enormous set allows you to expand the coverage to handle virtually any vehicle, all the way through 1-ton trucks!
Ranger brake lathes are easy to operate and durable enough to withstand the every day abuses of a busy shop environment. A super-heavy, forged, hardened, cast iron body combined with precision ground components and massive "floating spindles" make this one of the toughest, most dependable and trouble-free machines you will ever own.
Always at your service
Superior quality, durability and precision; that’s what makes Ranger the growing professional preference worldwide. Whatever your brake service equipment needs may be, you can rely on Ranger to deliver the right tools for the job. As a preferred supplier of quality automotive service equipment, our goal is simple: give our customers the best quality and value while providing unparalleled service and support. Why does Ranger offer you so much more? Because we don’t just believe in developing superior products, we believe in creating the automotive equipment solutions that make your job easier.
- The RL-8500 brake lathe simply offers more—more features, more performance, more utility, more flexibility and more productivity than you’ve ever imagined. That’s what makes this one of the soundest investments for yourself and your business.
- Extended capacity spindle can be used on brake drums 10” deep
- Rear bushing location provides extra support for the arbor
- Capable of truing even the heaviest drum rotors
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL-8500XLT uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32” – 4”) and composite rotors (center hole sized 4” – 6-1/4”)
- The RL-8500XLT is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500XLT maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid work bench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm, depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a single-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Optional truck adapter kit available
- Motor drive unit: 115 – 230 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max rotor thickness: 2-1/2" / 64 mm
- Max rotor diameter: 17" / 432 mm
- Brake drum diameter: 6" – 28" / 152 mm – 711 mm
- Max load with standard 1" arbor: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
- Max load with optional 1-7/8" truck arbor: 250 lbs. / 113 kg
- Spindle travel: 9-7/8" / 248 mm
- Spindle speed: 150 rpm – 200 rpm
- Cross feed speed: (∞) 0 - .010" per revolution / 0 - 0.25 mm per revolution
- Spindle feed speed:(∞) 0 - .020" per revolution / 0 - 0.55 mm per revolution
- Overall mounted height: 62" / 1,575 mm
- Spindle to floor (mounted): 39-1/2" / 1,003 mm
- Required floor space (width): 53" / 1,347 mm
- Required floor space (depth): 36" / 914 mm
- Shipping weight including bench and tools: 720 lbs. / 327 kg
Shipping & Returns
***Please call us for rates on UPS Next Day, 2nd Day, or 3rd Day shipping. 1-800-547-6818
ARIZONA RESIDENTS - IF WE HAVE AN ITEM IN STOCK MOST LIKELY
IT WILL BE SHIPPED SAME DAY, CALL FOR DETAILS.
Returns are accepted within 10 days of receiving item. If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail or phone of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. A 20% restocking fee may apply. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs to return an item. Strict no return policy on special order items and auto lifts that have been removed from factory crating/packaging.
This warranty shall not apply to damage due to accident, negligent use, lack of maintenance, abuse or applications other than the specific function the equipment or tool is designed for. Before ordering any Automotive Lift make sure you measure your building to ensure it will fit.
Freight rates will be quoted to you on shipping of your car lift, motorcycle lift, or any of our auto lifts, or ANY item that weighs 150 lbs. and above. Upon your approval, the rate quoted will be added to your invoice. It is the customer's responsibility to check products for any possible damage upon its arrival and note any damage on the freight bill. If damage should occur you will need to let the Driver know immediately! Document all damage on the bill of lading. You can sign for it if you think it is salvageable. Or refuse it if you think it is totaled out. Call us at once even after hours at 1-800-547-6818. We take pictures of every item before it ships to prove the condition. All Items are in excellent condition when they leave here. If they are damaged when you get them, it is the freight company that did the damage. They will have to process the claim thru their insurance.
When ordering a 2 post or 4 post lift, they are too large and too heavy to be unloaded via a lift gate from common carriers. Please have a Fork Lift or other suitable method of offloading your purchase when the carrier arrives. Unloading by hand or using a cherry picker is not allowed.
Where ever the term "Free Shipping" can be found, it applies to the lower 48 states* on products that do not need to be combined with any other items in order to qualify. For shipments going to these excluded locations, additional freight charges will be applied. However, additional charges would apply for lift gate delivery or a rural shipping address. Additional charges may also apply for residential shipping areas. The customer is exempt of these charges if the product is delivered to a nearby terminal, with the customer being responsible for unloading the purchased product.
If any additional charges do apply Western All Tool Equipment will contact you before proceeding with your order for verification and approval.
*The lower 48 states exclude Alaska, Hawaii, US Virgin Islands and Puerto.
In regards to BendPak and Ranger equipment, a RATZ surcharge is added to rural destinations. RATZ stands for Rural Area Transportation Zone. RATZ is based on the size of cities and towns and their functional accessibility to major highways and shipping lanes. Transportation and shipping to these remote and rural locations are non-direct shipping points with higher associated delivery costs.If you have any further questions about RATZ or Shipping, please give us a call at 1-800-547-6818, and we will answer any questions you may have.